Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Register
Tradition of Development
Share |

Since our foundation in 1883, Barnard Castle School has benefitted from philanthropic endeavour and supporter donations.

Founded through endowment funds granted by the Flounders and St John’s Hospital Foundations, and with supplementary funding given from the Counties of Northumberland, Durham and North Riding; the ‘County School’ - as we were originally known - has long been an important landmark both in the Teesdale landscape, but also in the lives of many.

Over the years, alumni and friends of Barnard Castle School have continued to provide invaluable and much needed support, giving generously to on-going priorities including pupil bursaries, scholarships as well as assorted building projects. 

The transformative impact of giving is all around us. 

Generous gifts that have transformed our School include those that have helped build our School Chapel, establish our Fitness Suite, erect new science blocks, refurbish our boarding houses, give an identity to our sporting trophies and support boys and girls through times of unforeseen hardship as well as exceptional scholarship. 

However, we continue to need the support of our alumni and friends to ensure that current and future Barnardians have the opportunity to meet and exceed their greatest potential. We strive to welcome children of exceptional potential from all backgrounds to our school community – your support in this endeavour would be greatly appreciated.

Barnard Castle School is a Registered Charity - Number 1125375

Community Search
Sign In
Sign In securely
Calendar

12/09/2017 » 12/11/2017
Remembrance Sunday

27/10/2017
Hong Kong Dinner

05/02/2018
Choral Evensong at Durham Cathedral

Latest News

27/06/2017Barney Connect 4

20/03/2017News in Brief

16/12/2016Lent Term 2017 Music

08/06/2016Barney Connect 3

24/04/2016London Marathon 2016

08/12/2015KCNGK